Pay City Utilities - Click Below
We hope you find this information helpful. Please contact the city offices if you have any questions.
- The City of Argonia bills for gas, water, sewer, and trash pick-up. We do require an application be filled out, you may print the application and bring it into our office.
- Trash pick-up is on Tuesday mornings (sometimes very early).
- Water, sewer, gas, and trash are all regulated by ordinances.
- A deposit of $300 will be required if a letter of credit from a former utility company with no delinquencies cannot be obtained. The letter of credit must be in the name of the person applying for utilities and must be in the city office prior to utilities being turned on.
- The deposit can be paid in two payments, $150 before the City will turn on utilities and $150 within 30 days.
- Utility deposits will be paid back the January following one full year of payment of utility bill by the 10th of each month using the date of full payment of deposit as beginning date, with the stipulation that the customer has a history of excellent pay history.
- Bills are sent on or around the 25th of each month and are due by the 10th of the following month with a late fee added to the balance on or around the 11th.
- Utility services are disconnected on the 12th if no payment is received - a $100 reconnect fee is charged to have service restored.
- Payments can be made by mail or by placing in the utility payment box on the front door of the City Building after office hours.
The dump site is located down by the River Park south of Argonia off Main Street.
It is used to dump clean yard debris.
We have a key at the city offices that you can check out for a $5 fee.
Please call if you have any questions. 620-435-6553
The recycling center located at 222 S. High, accepts recyclable materials at any time for all residences and anyone outside of town.